Wednesday, June 23, 2010

THE FACE OF THE CHILD



Phew!...
Am finally done with my last two art works. The concept was hard and the representation?... HARDER!
Anyways the first is titled 'The face of the child' which shows the African child suprise and confusion on the... should I say 'the clichés' about him? Anyways, that is just one of the perspectives.
The second is titled 'The job that brought us here'. Very simply represented, but I hope you can decipher the image and message from the title. Good Luck. Both were done with Charcoal, Gouache and Water color.

Digression:
I have been also busy with the FIFA World Cup Matches going on in South Africa. I love soccer! Few things I have observed.
First, Africans really know the definition of hospitality. They gave their positions and 'food' - by this I mean their goals - to their visitors. So they keep loosing their games just to make sure that their visitors (the rest of the world) are happy. The well known aggressive football Cameroons where the first to throw in the towel. Then came South Africa, the laid back chief host. And Nigeria, Algeria followed suit. I advice my lovely brothers Ghana and Cote d'Ivoire to do the honorable thing.
But let us face the truth. If you play a sloppy game, you are out of the competition. You may have a thousand and one excuses, but the bottom line is that YOU ARE OUT, LOSER! French Team knows better - no offence!
And for Argentina, Brazil, Spain, Netherlands et al, you guys are really prepared. Good job!

On a more serious note, are the stars of this tournament jinxed not to score goals? Lionel Messi, Fernando Torres, Wayne Rooney... have they exhausted their goals on their local leagues or what? Anyways am happy that Cristiano Ronaldo has broken the jinx - in a hard way. Others should follow suit. And we keep having the thrills, excitements and agonies...
I Love Football and the World is in South Africa LOL! :)
Ciao
Kc

No comments:

Post a Comment